BEDFORD PUBLIC SCHOOLS
REQUIRED TRANSPARENCY REPORTING
Section 18 (2) of the Public Act 94 of 1979, The State School Aid Act, has been amended, which requires each school district and intermediate school district to post certain information on its website within 30 days after a board adopts it annual operating budget or any subsequent revision to that budget. The Annual Budget & Transparency Reporting is an opportunity to communicate our community on how we utilize the resources that are provided to us.
The following information is required to be posted on our website:
1. The annual operating budget and subsequent budget revisions.
2. Using data that has already been collected and submitted to the Michigan Department of Education (MDE), a summary of district or intermediate district expenditures for the most recent fiscal year for which they are available, expressed in the following two (2) pie charts which were provided for the general fund of the district or intermediate district by the Center for Educational Performance and Information (CEPI):
(a) A chart of personnel expenditures broken down into the following subcategories:
(1) Salaries and Wages;
(2) Employee benefit costs, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and long term care benefits;
(3) Retirement benefits costs;
(4) All other personnel costs.
(b) A chart of all district expenditures, broken into the following subcategories:
(2) Support Services;
(3) Business and administration;
(4) Operations and Maintenance
3. Links to all of the following:
(a) The current collective bargaining agreement for each bargaining unit
(b) Each health care benefits plan, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, long-term care, or any other type of benefits that would constitute health care services, offered to any bargaining unit or employee in the district
(c) The audit report of the audit conducted for the most recent fiscal year for which it is available.
4. The total salary and a description and cost of each fringe benefit included in the compensation package for the superintendent of the district or intermediate district and for each employee of the district whose salary exceeds $100,000.00.
5. The annual amount spent on dues paid to associations.
6. The annual amount spent on lobbying services.
BUDGET AND SALARY/COMPENSATION TRANSPARENCY REPORTING
BOARD APPROVED BUDGETS
FISCAL YEAR 2017-2018
Approved Budget 2017-18
FISCAL YEAR 2016-2017
Approved Final Budget Adjustments for the year ended June 30, 2017
-- Approved 2nd Budget Adjustment 2016-17
-- Approved 1st Budget Adjustment 2016-17
-- Approved Budget 2016-17
FISCAL YEAR 2015-2016
Approved Final Budget Adjustments for the year ended June 30, 2016
-- Approved 1st Budget Adjustment 2015-2016
-- Approved Budget 2015-2016
FISCAL YEAR 2014-2015
Approved Final Budget Adjustments for the year ended June 30, 2015
-- Approved 1st Budget Adjustment 2014-2015
-- Approved Budget 2014-2015
FISCAL YEAR 2013-2014
Approved Budget Adjustments for the year ended June 30, 2014
Personnel Expenditures Chart 2015-2016
a. Salaries and wages
b. Employee benefit cost
c. Retirement benefit costs
d. All other personnel costs
Expenditures Chart 2015-2016
b. Support services
c. Business and administration
d. Operations and maintenance
CURRENT COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENTS
Administrative (July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2021)
BEA Master Agreement (January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2018)
Custodial (2013 - 2016)
Food Service (2012 - 2017)
Paraprofessionals (January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2018)
Secretarial (July 1,2012 - December 31, 2016)
Skilled Trades (2013-2016)
Transportation (July 1, 2012 - December 31, 2016)
HEALTH CARE PLANS
-- Annual Financial Report 2016-2017
-- Annual Financial Report 2015-2016
-- Annual Financial Report 2014-2015
-- Annual Financial Report 2013-2014
-- Annual Financial Report 2012-2013
-- Annual Financial Report 2011-2012
-- Annual Financial Report 2010-2011
-- Annual Financial Report 2009-2010
-- Annual Financial Report 2008-2009
-- Annual Financial Report 2007-2008
-- Annual Financial Report 2006-2007
-- Annual Financial Report 2005-2006
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CHECK REGISTER
EMPLOYEE COMPENSATION INFORMATION
DISTRICT PAID ASSOCIATION DUES
DISTRICT PAID LOBBYING COSTS
The District DID NOT pay any lobbying fees for the fiscal year ended June 2016.
APPROVED DEFICIT ELIMINATION PLAN
The district DID NOT incur a deficit.
DISTRICT CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
DISTRICT PAID OUT OF STATE TRAVEL INFORMATION
The District DID NOT incur any out of state travel expenses for the fiscal year ended June 2016.
EMPLOYEE REIMBURSEMENT POLICY
MEDICAL BENEFIT PLANS
We DID NOT request bids this fiscal year.